My Blog List

  • NOCTURNE BUỒN ĐÊM MƯA - Thơ: Lương Nguyên Thảo Vũ trường đèn nhấp nháy Tiệc vui đêm xa hoa Ta nhìn nhau xa lạ Đôi mắt buồn chông chênh Mắt môi ngày nào đó Anh một ...
    1 year ago

Monday, January 9, 2012

LET MAMMY TELL YOU ABOUT THE SAND

US Copyright 2012
Citation from
"The Mandolin" written by Nguyen-Thao Luong



"Con biết không? Cát và thủy tinh là một chất liệu giống nhau về công thưć hóa học...cát không lấp lánh đẹp như thủy tinh..nhưng cát có thể thấm được máu, mồ hôi và nươć mắt ..."


"Do you know?  Glass is a matter  that is original from sand. The sand is not as shine and marvelous as the glass, but the sand can absorb the blood, sweat ,a nd tears.."




You often ask me what I did when I was the same as your age now.

Mammy like your question " Which one do you like me to call you "Mẹ" or "Mom" or Mammy?"

My son is strong and power .I remember forever when I took you travel back to Vietnam. The dog wanted to attack me, and you yelled him that " Don't hit my Mammy, Don't bite my Mammy, I don't like that, I am not your friend anymore"

That is a lovely memory. Grandma is not happy if she knows that you are no longer speak Vietnamese with me.

I do not know what should I start at the beginning.


Let Mammy tell you about the sand...
You ask what Mammy did when I was the same your age.

Let Mammy tell you about "The Mandolin" story

30 years ago...there was a little girl ...she used to come to the beach...yes ..the beach looked like... this beach..then...she was studying hard while her brother was coming around to sell some cigarettes, then ..she practiced her Mandolin...One days..there were two little boys also to come overthere to play music with her...When we grew up, she felt in love with one of them.

Well, you know?--Once your heart is broken, you will get hurt, but it will go away...then...somebody will heal your hurt. So , do not worry...we always have the love in this life..
Yes, Mammy studied hard to become a doctor, but if you do not want to become a doctor , Mammy still love you. It does not matter who you are. Sand is as not much value , as not much expensive as diamond, but sand can absorb the sweat and the blood...







Let Mammy tell you about the sand
The sand is very generous
You can kick the sand
You can hide your hand inside the sand
You can build up the castle on the sand
The waves destroys your building
But we can make up it again
Yes, the sand look like my love save for you
Let Mammy tell you about "The Mandolin"
30 years ago
There was a little girl
She was the same your age now
She was bright, smart and serious
She used to come to the beach
To practice the Mandolin while his brother was coming around to sell his cigarettes
Then...she met two little boys one day
They play music together on the beach
The Cupidon angles shot his arrows to all of them
When the kids grew up, they tasted how the love is sorrow

Do not worry
Once your heart is broken
It will be healed
That means
We always have the love around us
If we know how to feel it
The sun goes down, and it will rises up.
Let your hand feel the sand
You will touch the love...
Like the dinner I prepare for you when we 'll be home
Like whenever you smell my cook
Like Mammy hold you tight
Like Mammy give you many sweety kisses...
Do not worry!
Mammy look weak now, but I will be healthy again
Because I need to be strong to warm you up !







1 comment:

  1. Ngày bị cảm..đưa Brian r a biển.

    " Mammy, where does sand come from?"

    " Cát không lấp lánh hào nhoáng như thủy tinh, nhưng cát thấm được mồ hôi và nước mắt" ----" Brian này...Mẹ ước gì sau này con dâu của Mẹ..sẽ đến từ "cát" chứ kôhng phải từ "thủy tinh"---"thủy tinh " đẹp , lấp lánh..chắc sẽ làm con bị hấp dẫn, nhưng những mảnh vỡ cuả nó sẽ làm tay con chảy máu " ( trích "The Mandolin")

    ReplyDelete